Akai's LPK25 is a compact USB-MIDI controller keyboard for producers, musicians, and DJs. A scaled-down relative to the MPK series of keyboard performance controllers, the LPK is feature loaded allowing users to create melodies and riffs anywhere, plus its small size and weight makes it extremely portable.
The LPK25 keyboard is made up of 25 miniature, velocity-sensitive keyboard keys with synth action. It features an arpeggiator, which steps through chords automatically, assisting musicians with creating quick melodic ideas. Sustain, octave up and down and tap tempo controls round out the LPK25's easy-to-learn layout. The LPDK25 works plug and play with Mac and PC and requires no software driver installation or wall power for operation. It has four memory banks for programming and recalling settings appropriate to different software programs you use.
The LPK25 is a vast improvement on KORG's portable mini-USB keyboard. Whereas the KORG had "key-like' computer keys, the LPK25 actually has real mini-keys that are velocity sensitive. A must for keyboard players and producers who want to work with software need to express with real feeling keys. The added features of arpeggiator and memory make this a steal for under $70. Recommended.
- USB-MIDI controller works with virtually all audio software
- 25 velocity-sensitive mini-keyboard keys
- Arpeggiator, sustain button, octave up and down, and tap tempo controls
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC requires no driver installation
- Small enough to fit in a backpack or laptop bag
- Four programmable memory banks
- Comes with editor software for Mac and PC
- USB bus powered - no additional power cable needed