Earn up to 279 Reward Points with this purchase! more info
- While Edan’s critically acclaimed debut, Primitive Plus, was a celebration of hip-hop’s golden age and a true throwback, his sophomore album, Beauty And The Beat, is a vast musical collage that contains many different influences; Hip-hop, rock, pop, dusty breaks, hazy loops, luxurious off-kilter samples and curveball tempo changes that are all crafted into one cohesive piece of art.
In 2015, FACT placed it at number 30 on the "100 Best Indie Hip-Hop Records of All Time" list. In 2013 NME placed it at number 392 on the "500 Greatest Albums of All Time" list.
“A goofy psychedelic gem. It’s like ‘The Grey Album’ in technicolour” - Vice
“Edan has a seemingly bottomless musical curiosity… he unites old school hip-hop’s aesthetics with a previous generation’s sense of grooviness” - The Washington Post
“Impossibly ambitious, as psychedelic as Mythos, as unrelenting as the Ultramagnetic MCs, Edan is a master in possession of his own style. One of the best and most original records to come out this decade” - XLR8R
“A full tab of b-boy psychedelia… a creative quantum leap forward” - XXL
“With an awe-inspiring imagination in tow, Edan drops his own magical mystery tour” - URB
“Nothing is fucking with Edan right now. ‘Beauty and the Beat’ is the best hip-hop I’ve heard in a long time” - Mass Appeal
- 1. “Polite Meeting Intro” 2. “Funky Voltron feat. Insight” 3. “I See Colours” 4. “Fumbling Over Words That Rhyme” 5. “Murder Mystery” 6. “Torture Chamber feat. Percee P” 7. “Making Planets feat. Mr. Lif” 8. “Time Out (segue)” 9. “Rock And Roll feat. Dagha” 10. “Beauty” 11. “The Science Of The Two feat. Insight” 12. “Smile” 13. “Promised Land”
- limited to 2000 copies
- music label: Lewis Entertainment 2019
- SOLD OUT ALREADY? sign up for another Stock Email, we might get more
- view all Black Friday Record Store Day 2019 titles
- view all in-stock Record Store Day titles
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.