For most Americans, Braun is known primarily (and singularly) as a company that makes shavers and coffee makers. However in the design world, it is known as design innovator of highest degree (some refer to it the proto-Apple). Through the designs of Dieter Rams (check this flickr stream), Braun championed super-slick, functionalist designs throughout 1950-80s. It produced a diverse line of household goods and electronics that are highly in-demand by design collectors. Turntable Lab is proud to offer both authentic Braun reissues and new designs. Here we have the Braun BN10, a German made digital watch that has already won 2 awards (iF and Red Dot 2012) for outstanding product design. The watch features solid, stainless steel case and rubber strap with LED backlit, liquid crystal display featuring the patented EasySkroll operating system.
- winner of iF and Red Dot award for product design 2012
- stainless steel case and rubber bracelet
- 41.8mm x 36.7mm with a 10.1mm case
- patented EasySkroll 2 operating system
- liquid crystal display backlit by LED
- energy saving motion detector
- 30m water resistant