#TTLcomponent: 💎Highly Recommended
- 👉 factory upgraded Esprit version of our most popular audiophile turntable, the Debut Carbon
- upgrades include button-control speed change for convenience; and acrylic platter for sound quality + aesthetics
- true audiophile design with one-piece carbon fiber tonearm
- designed with out-of-box high performance plus future upgradeability in mind
- also available in ready-to-play turntable packages and TTL Upgrade Model
- 🔎 this model does not include phono preamp which we prefer in this case; it allows for more custom control over components
- upgraded version of our bestselling entry-level / intermediate turntable
- the improved DC model features upgraded motor and motor suspension system
- includes high-end Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge
- fuller, richer sound via Carbon Fiber tonearm with integrated headshell
- belt drive motor
- removable RCA cable
- glossy high lacquer finish
ESPRIT SB UPGRADES
- includes built-in Speed Box, which allows you to switch speed between 33/45rpm by pushing button located on top surface of turntable (standard Debut Carbon models require manual belt shift to change speed)
- includes Acrylic platter ($129.00 retail when purchased separately)
The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon is our bestselling entry-level / intermediate audiophile turntable. It features easy setup, quality parts, high quality engineering and Pro-Ject quality. This turntable will sound much better than your typical plastic-based, entry level turntable. The Debut Carbon features a carbon-fiber tonearm with integrated headshell and pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Red cartridge (a very popular cartridge for audiophiles). The MDF body (medium density fiberboard) is the same material used in high-end turntables and features a decoupled motor (motor is connected to the body by a suspension system). All this equates to an environment that produces little resonance / vibration to interfere with your listening experience. The Debut Carbon will deliver consistent and rich sound. Highly recommended.
The DC model is a new upgrade (released late 2014) to the already popular Debut Carbon turntable. The DC model features a new DC motor which offers a more stable speed playback and uses less energy when in idle. The motor suspension has also been upgraded using a new TPE construction (thermo plastic elastomer, a material found in Pro-Ject's high-end models). If you want to know more about the DC model vs. the previous model, read our guide.
The Esprit SB model adds two additional features. The Esprit SB features a built-in Speed Box which gives you button control of 33 / 45rpm playback. The standard metal platter is replaced by the popular Acrylic platter which is known to improve sound quality (and aesthetics).
- acrylic platter
- push-button 33 / 45 rpm speed change
- 8.6" Carbon tube tone-arm
- manual, belt drive operation
- plays 33 / 45 rpm records
- base made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard, a very dense engineered wood material)
- low-tolerance chrome-plated stainless-steel axle runs on a polished ball bearing in a brass bearing housing
- motor decoupled to reduce vibration
- resonance damping feet
- power supply: 110/120 or 230/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz
- dimensions: 415 x 118 x 320 mm / 16.34 x 4.65 x 12.6 inches
- weight: 5.6 kg / 12.35 lbs
- Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge
- felt platter mat
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.