- improves the quality of AC electricity that feeds your audio + AV systems by reducing noise + distortion
- instantly helps remove 'DC over AC' - aka unwanted DC voltage polluting otherwise clean AC power for home audio equipment
- reduces transformer hum
- reduces RF interference
- rated for amplifier outputs up to 300W total
- also available in silver
"The DC Block has been designed to improve the quality of AC electricity that feeds our audio and AV systems. Mains electricity has a fundamental influence on the audio signal as it passes through a system, from source to amp to speakers. The mains supply in a typical dwelling is subject to interference induced by a range of issues, causing the AC waveform to distort before it reaches each component. This creates noise in the audio signal, which degrades sound quality – a situation that continues to worsen as the electrical devices we use in our homes proliferate. By blocking, or canceling, DC voltage found within the AC mains supply, the Audiolab DC Block corrects the DC offset and rebalances the mains sine wave. But tackling ‘DC on the mains’ is not the only benefit delivered by this dual-action device – it also contains a high-performance audio class filtering circuit that removes RFI/EMI contaminants from the mains supply. This is effective in reducing both differential-mode noise (exacerbated by cheap switch-mode power supplies used by many home appliances) and common-mode noise (aggravated by airborne interference from phones, Wi-Fi networks, and Bluetooth)." - Audiolab
- Power Requirement: 100-240V ~ 50-60Hz
- Peak Load : 600VA
- Audio Power Amplifier Compatibility <2x150W or <1x 300W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 4.45" x 2.32" x 5.5" / 113 x 59 x 140mm
- Weight: 1.54 lbs / 0.7 kg
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.