- award winning, ultra-refined design, unlike any turntable in this price range
- German-engineered mechanics for high performance
- ACTIVE model features built-in phono preamp + headphone amp
- WOOD model features solid baltic birch wood all the way through the plinth (base), less resonance for smoother, richer sound
- phono preamp can be turned off, also includes Subsonic feature, MM/MC selector, and gain selector
- includes Satisfy Carbon Fiber tonearm w/ precision mechanical bearing, an upgrade from the Concept's Verify Tonearm
- choice of preinstalled Concept MC ($1000 retail) or Maestro V2 MM cartridge ($1300 retail)
- easy plug + play right out of the box, just place platter on spindle
- switchable 3 speed play: 33 / 45 / 78rpm (via knob control)
- Best Turntable awards from What Hi-Fi? + Sound and Vision, Red Dot Product Design Award
"Our all-in-one-system, ready to play. Choose from our specially developed moving magnet (MM) or moving coil (MC) concept cartridges. All critical parameters from cartridge tracking weight to anti-skating are preadjusted in our factory. With the Concept Active’s integrated Clearaudio phonostage, move between headphone listening and listening over amp through your speakers. The excellent integrated headphone amplifier is suitable for all premium, dynamic headphones." - Clearaudio
The Clearaudio Concept Active Turntable adds all-in-one functionality to the German company's bestselling Concept model. We like to use the term "refined" when talking about this turntable. Just by looking at the high design and interaction of components, you really get a sense that this turntable is a complete vision, not just a collection of expensive parts. The curvature and beveled features add to this feeling. You just won't find aesthetics like this in this price range. The addition of Integral Class A phono stage and headphone amp brings this refinement full circle to an all-inclusive hi-fi listening experience.
From inside to out, the Concept is designed for ease of use and high performance. Setup and play is extremely easy (out of the box just place the platter on the spindle) and the high quality cartridge (choice of Concept MC or Maestro V2 MM, both exceeded our expectations for clarity + dynamics) comes pre-calibrated. The inclusion of a speed changing knob (3 speed), also adds to the ease of use. The chassis, motor, and tonearm, are high quality components that in unison deliver ultra-low noise performance.
- sound dampening chassis design: resonance-optimised body, highly compressed wood chassis, core of natural medium-density wood fibre within a wood surround + upper layer incorporating high tech synthetic compound
- resonance damped DC motor, completely decoupled from chassis
- Satisfy Carbon Fiber tonearm features precision mechanical bearing
- does NOT include dustcover, sold separately
- 16.5" (w) x 13.75" (d) x 4.9" (h) / 420 x 350 x 125mm
- 17.6 lbs / 8.0 kg
- pre-installed / calibrated cartridge (choice of Concept MC or Maestro V2 MM, $1000 / $1300 when purchased separately)
- plug-in power supply unit designed for worldwide use with all networks and power frequencies
- note: dust cover NOT included, sold separately
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.