- mini electronic synthesizer / MIDI controller hand built in Brooklyn / Philadelphia
- all the features of the original Pocket Piano but with MIDI capabilities
- (7) unique modes: Vibrato Synth, Harmonic Sweeper, Two-Octave Arpeggiator, Octave Cascade, Mono FM Synth, FM Arpeggiator, Mono Glider
- hold function: maintains notes that are playing and frees up your hands for other musical tasks
- wooden keys made for a refined touch
- 1/4" output jack
- includes built-in speaker
- can be powered both by a 9V battery or a 9VDC Power Supply (not included)
- aluminum and hardwood case
HOW IT WORKS WITH MIDI
As a controller, the Pocket Piano MIDI sends out key presses as note messages, useful for triggering other synthesizers, samplers, or software. As a sound module the Pocket Piano MIDI responds to all 88 notes of a full size piano, so you are not limited to the 16 key range of the Pocket Piano. Using a full size controller, you can take advantage of the Pocket Pianos unique sounds and arpeggiators over a much larger range. Larger range = more fun !
The Pocket Piano MIDI also sends and receives MIDI clock, so you can synchronize the Pocket Piano's arpeggiators with your favorite drum machine, sequencer, or computer software. The Pocket Piano MIDI passes all received clock messages to its output, allowing you to chain many Pocket Pianos together to create an orchestra of Pocket Pianos.
HOW IT WORKS AS A STANDALONE SYNTHESIZER
When you change modes with the right-most wooden button, a color LED above that button indicates what mode is selected with a different color for each mode. The entire keyboard may be tuned over a 2 octave range by turning the knob second from right. Volume is controlled by the right-most knob. The function of the remaining two left knobs depend on what mode is selected. There is also a button that selects waveform (sine, square, triangle, sawtooth) in the first four modes, and shifts the keyboard an octave higher in the last two modes.