Earn up to 279 Reward Points with this purchase! more info
- When Dr. John hit the studio in 1968 to record Babylon, America was in a very turbulent period. On top of that, Dr. John was being pursued by various Los Angeles authorities for a handful of criminal offenses. It was, in his own words: "a heavy time for me." This set the stage for Babylon being a reflection of the chaotic and tumultuous time that he was living in. He and his band dove deeper into the voodoo-inflected psychedelic rock and the R&B of Gris-Gris, while touching upon elements of free jazz and Captain Beefheart-style avant garde. Babylon stands out as a psychedelic swamp of apocalyptic lyrical content, drunk, disorienting experimentation, and a fascinating entry into Dr. John's catalogue well-worthy of his expansive legacy.
- Out of print on vinyl for 40 years, Get On Down is all too eager to reissue this unique recording for RSD Black Friday. In keeping with the album's hallucinogenic sound, it is presented on trippy never to be repeated splatter-colored vinyl and housed in a deluxe gatefold jacket.
A1. “Babylon” A2. “Glowin’” A3. “Black Window Spider” A4. “Barefoot Lady”
B1. “Twilight Zone” B2. “The Patriotic Flag-Waver” B3. “The Lonesome Guitar Strangler”
- splatter colored vinyl
- limited to 2500 copies
- music label: Get On Down 2019
- SOLD OUT ALREADY? sign up for another Stock Email, we might get more
- view all Black Friday Record Store Day 2019 titles
- view all in-stock Record Store Day titles
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.