- legendary headphones from Brooklyn company
- upgraded e Series model
- vented diaphragm, open air design
- great midrange
- how the e Series differs from the i Series: Every single component, surface, and material used in the e Series has been upgraded for outstanding dynamics and fidelity. Grado's proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate absorbs excess energy for a clearer tone, while design refinements within the housing prevent stray resonance from interacting with the driver.
Grado's traditional open-back design features enhanced airflow through the rear metal grill, and reproduction that is the definition of high fidelity, with crystal clear spatial placement. Allow yourself to experience true intimacy with your favorite artists.
This headphone has sizable rear air flow through a metal screen, while utilizing Grado's larger ear cushion and closely matched drivers. The result is a broad soundstage free from colorations. The way the SR225e's new driver, cable and plastic housing move air and react to sound vibrations is virtually unaffected by transient distortions. Bass, midrange and treble are all more wide open and you will enjoy the fine tonal spread and balance. The SR225e will produce a sound that is pure Grado, with warm harmonic colors, rich full bodied vocals, excellent dynamics, and an ultra-smooth top end.
- Tranducer type: dynamic
- Operating principle: open air
- Frequency response: 20-22
- SPL 1mV: 99.8
- Normal impedance: 32ohms
- Driver matched db: .05
- Vented diaphragm
- Non Resonant air chamber
- UHPLC copper voice coil wire
- Standard copper connecting cord
- mini plug with 1/4" adaptor