Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Late March 2020 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers + notepad
Porco Rosso is a 1992 animated film written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki. The plot follows an italian WWI fighter pilot that currently works as a bounty hunter and his clashes with air pirates over the Adriatic Sea. However, a curse has turned him into an anthromorphic pig, earning him the nickname of “Porco Rosso” (italian for “Red Pig”.) It features many homages to early aviation, and is one of the few Ghibli films set in an identifiable real world place and point in history. The score was again composed by Joe Hisaishi and performed by a 70 piece orchestra, giving a quaint and quirky sonic backdrop for Miyazaki’s incredible hand-drawn animation. Features two vocal tracks (“The Time Of The Cherries”, sung by Tokiko Kato which also feature arrangements by Yoko Kanno. (Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus, ∀ Gundam). The jacket features new artwork, and this LP includes an obi strip.
- black vinyl pressing (please note: actual pressing color and packaging may differ from mock-up photo)
- 1st time on vinyl
- newly remastered sound
- jacket features new artwork, also includes obi strip
- limited edition
- also available: Joe Hisaishi: Porco Rosso Soundtrack Image Album Vinyl LP, Joe Hisaishi: Kiki's Delivery Service Soundtrack Vinyl LP, Joe Hisaishi: Kiki's Delivery Service Soundtrack Image Album Vinyl LP
- music label: Studio Ghibli Records
- release date: 3/30/20
reviewed by VENTO AUREO 01/20
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.