First ever pressing of this shelved Chic production! Originally recorded in 1982, I Love My Lady found Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards of Chic producing a funky disco bossa sound for Johnny Mathis. The album was an attempt by Mathis to shift away from easy listening and into more then-contemporary pop styles. For whatever reason, the label decided not to release it, and it sat on the shelf for over 35 years... until now. This 2018 RSD pressing marks the album's first ever release, on clear smoke colored vinyl no less. Edition of 2,000.
- disco bossa album produced by Nile Rodgers & Bernard Edwards of Chic
- first ever pressing, unreleased for more than 35 years
- pressed on clear smoke colored vinyl
- edition of 2,000
- music label: Legacy 2018
- view all Record Store Day 2018 titles
- view all in-stock Record Store Day titles
reviewed by Future's Falsetto 06/2018
CLICK TO PLAY AUDIO PREVIEWS
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.