- 100% analog synthesizer
- semi-modular, stand alone design requires no patching for swift, inspired music creation
- voltage controlled 32 step sequencer w/ 64 sequence locations
- low pass + high pass moog ladder filter w/ voltage controlled resonance
- external audio input for processing outside sound sources
- Moog oscillator w/ pulse + sawtooth wave outputs
- MIDI input + MIDI to CV converter
- 32 modular patch points (5 patch cables included)
- 2 voltage controlled mixers
- compact size, Eurorack compatible
The Mother-32 is Moog's first tabletop semi-modular synthesizer. This 100% analog instrument provides raw analog sound, with built in sequencer and extensive interconnectivity to connect to you existing and future electronic setup. In addition to the 32-step sequencer w/ 64 sequence locations, the Mother-32 also features Moog's signature low and high pass ladder filter, classic Moog oscillator with dual outputs, 2 Voltage controlled mixers, wide range LFO, MIDI in and MIDI to CV conversion, noise, and a modular patchbay with 32 patch-points for extended synthesis complexity and an assignable CV jack with 16 assignable sources. Two or more Mother-32 units can also be patched together for even more pure analog awesomeness.
"This expansive new live performance and production instrument is handcrafted in Asheville, NC and has been meticulously designed to provide musicians with a diverse array of creative tools to inspire new music, unique sound and endless sonic exploration." - Moog
- semi-modular stand alone design, no patching required
- synthesizer type: 100% analog
- VCO: Single VCO with simultaneous Sawtooth and Pulse wave Outputs (+/-5V), 1 V/Octave from 8Hz to 8KHz (16KHz max with LFO/CV), Panel Frequency control (+/-1 Octave), Toggle Selector for waveform routed to the mixer, Pulse Width control, Linear FM and 1V/Octave Exponential FM inputs (+/-5V)
- noise: Output normalled to Ext Audio input, White Noise output (+/-5V)
- VC Mixer: Crossfades between selected VCO waveform and Ext Audio input (normalled to White Noise), Mix CV input (+/-5V)
- VCF: 20Hz to 20KHz switchable Low Pass/High Pass 4-pole Transistor Ladder Filter with voltage controlled Resonance, VCF Cutoff input (+/-5V), VCF Resonance input (+/-5V), VCF Output (+/-5V)
- VCA: Selectable CV Source: EG or ON (drone), VCA CV input (0 to +8V in EG mode and +/-5V in ON mode, summed with signals from ON/EG switch), Output Volume Control (VCA Out and Line/Headphone Out), VCA output (+/-5V) and rear panel 1/4" Headphone/Audio Output (+/-1.7V peak)
- LFO: Square wave output (+/-5V), Triangle wave output (+/-5V), Selectable waveshape to VCO and VCF MOD sections, Panel Rate control .1Hz to 350Hz (600Hz max), LFO Rate CV input (+/-5V)
- Variable controls for Attack and Decay: Sustain ON/OFF for single-trigger (ASD) or multi-trigger (AD) behavior, External Gate input (0 to +5V; Tolerant of 10V gates), EG output (0 to +7.5V)
- VCO Modulation: Selectable Source: EG/VCO MOD or LFO (EG normalled to VCO MOD in), VCO Mod input (normalled to EG/VCO MOD switch position), Variable Modulation Amount control, Selectable Modulation Destination: VCO Pitch or PWM (PWM summed with Pulse Width panel control)
- VCF Modulation: Selectable Source: EG or LFO, Variable Modulation Amount control, Selectable VCF Modulation Polarity (+/-)
- multiple: 1x input 2x output signal multiplier, Mult Input: Buffered signal, Mult Outputs: 1 and 2
- keyboard: Single octave 13-note keyboard (In Step Edit Mode this is used to select, mute and enable sequencer steps.), Octave Up/Down buttons select from 8 available octave settings, Glide Time control, KB CV output (-5 to +5V), Gate Output (0 to +5V)
- sequencer: Dual-mode 32 step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- patchbay: 32x 3.5mm jacks
- battery life: 10 hrs.
- dimensions: 12.57“W x 4.21“H (with knobs) x 5.24“D
- weight: 3.5 lbs.
- 5x 3.5mm patch cables
- power supply
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.