- designed for Traktor: control (2) track decks or (2) FX units
- for DJing, (1) Kontrol X1 MK2 replaces a set of turntables or CDJs
- new touch strip controls track position, pitch blend, loops and FX
- very portable, will fit into most backpacks, weighs less than 2 lbs.
- does not include Traktor software
When the first X1 was introduced, it seemed to be mainly marketed for controlling effects, hot cues, and loops in Traktor. However, DJs quickly adopted it as an alternative to turntables / CDJs. Native Instruments had this in mind with the new MK2 version, and evolved the X1 while maintaining the aforementioned functions. In addition to making it more performance friendly (larger buttons, touch control knobs, color coded backlit buttons, loop count display, Flux mode option), they introduced a new touch strip controller that (amongst other functions), that emulates "nudging" and "track seeking" that you might do on a turntable or CDJ.
Not convinced? Check out this Felix Da Housecat video:
- Flux Mode enabled: when Flux Mode is engaged, you can perform various transport actions (jumping between Hotcues, doing Beatjumps and setting Loops) while preserving the original progression of the track.
- smooth, ultra-precise buttons and knobs – all pre-mapped for instantaneous setup
- 31 buttons / 11 knobs
- USB bus powered
- 4.7" (120 mm) x 2" (52 mm) x 11.5" (294 mm)
- 1.5 lb (691 grams)