- larger than most portable speakers, but still very portable
- superior sound and volume over most portable speakers
- wireless connectivity via Bluetooth
- rechargeable battery with extra capacity for up to 12 hours of continuous play (charges via included USB cable)
- volume and playback buttons for remote control of your music
- integrated microphone for hands-free wireless voice calls on most smartphones
- AUX stereo input with cable included
- seamless rubber construction: shock + water resistant/li>
Wow. We were blown away by Nixon's The Blaster Portable Speaker. Since portable speakers have been popularized (post-iPod), they've been too small, sounded bad, and lacked the necessary features. Nixon has seemingly created the perfect portable speaker. Firstly, it's not too small as to effect the output negatively. It's noticeably larger than its counterparts, but will slide easily into a backpack. You'd feel equally comfortable popping this out on the trail or even using it as your main bedroom speaker. For harsher conditions, the remote feature (using the speaker as a remote to control volume and next / previous song) is a great feature to keep your precious cellphone safe in your bag. Furthermore, there's even a built-in mic so you can actually answer calls directly through the speaker.
If you don't have a Bluetooth enabled device, don't worry, you can use the included AUX input and cable. The long-life battery recharges via USB (cable included) and will last up to 12 hours! However, we come back to the sound quality. Whether bumping hip-hop or rock, The Blaster kept up with the low and high-end, and avoided that "rattling" normally associated with portable speakers. Recommended.
- Frequency Response: 80-20,000 Hz
- Output Power: 3W RMS x 2
- Wireless Range: 10m / 33 feet
- Weight: 1.1 lbs / 525g
- 8.6" x 3.75" x 1.77" / 21.85 x 9.5 x 4.5 cm
- USB Charging Cable
- AUX Audio Cable
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.