- industry standard mid-level audiophile cartridge
- pre mounted for plug and play convenience
- nude Elliptical diamond stylus and split pole pins with a copper wire
- excellent frequency range and tracking
- customized kit for use with Technics 1200
- includes auxiliary weight necessary for use with Technics 1200 turntables
"The 2M Series of cartridges is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove. Our philosophy is to play the record sound as accurate as possible, without coloring the sound."
Our customized kit allows you to use the famed Ortofon 2M Blue on your Technics 1200 turntable. The cartridge comes pre mounted for plug and play convenience, plus we've included the auxiliary weight that is necessary for use with Technics. The Ortofon 2M Blue is the upgraded version of the Ortofon 2M Red. The main upgrade is the nude elliptical stylus (the diamond stylus is directly attached to cantiliever with no mounting block, resulting in cleaner sound). The 2M Blue also features improved frequency range and tracking. The unique exterior design is also both visually pleasing and functional. Recommended.
- output voltage: 5.5mV
- frequency response: 20 ~ 20Hz +2/-1dB
- tracking force range: 1.6 ~ 2.0g
- tracking force recommended: 1.8g
- tracking angle: 20 degrees
- weight: 7.2g
- replacement stylus: Ortofon 2M Blue
- Technics auxiliary weight
- 1x Stylus Brush
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Just to make sure, this comes with the cartridge, stylus, headshell, brush & weight, correct?
Yes, the Ortofon: 2M Blue PNP Cartridge Kit for Technics 1200 comes with the cartridge, stylus, headshell, brush, and auxiliary weight.
How much does the aux weight weigh?
The aux weight that comes with the Ortofon: 2M Blue PNP Cartridge Kit for Technics 1200 is 8.5g.
Why is the weight needed vs adding more tracking force?
The auxilarry weight that comes with the Ortofon: 2M Blue PNP Cartridge Kit for Technics 1200 will put less weight on the stylus end.