- industry standard entry level audiophile cartridge pre-mounted on SH-4 headshell
- moving magnet design
- designed to work optimally with a wide range of turntable setups
- tipped Elliptical diamond stylus and split pole pins with a copper wire
- customized kit for use with Technics 1200
- includes auxiliary weight necessary for use with Technics 1200 turntables
- fits most turntables
"The 2M Series of cartridges is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove. Our philosophy is to play the record sound as accurate as possible, without coloring the sound."
Our customized kit allows you to use the Ortofon 2M Red on your Technics 1200 turntable. The cartridge comes pre mounted for plug and play convenience, plus we've included the auxiliary weight that is necessary for use with Technics. The Ortofon 2M Red is our bestselling listening cartridge in its price range. The 2M's strength is its well-roundedness, both in output and design. Sound-wise, the 2M Red features well-balanced, audiophile-quality sound output. The split pole pin design results in clean, clear sound and less sound colorization. The unique exterior design is both visually pleasing and functional with a size and weight that will work with most turntables. Recommended.
- output voltage: 5.5mV
- frequency response: 20 ~ 20Hz +3/-1dB
- tracking force range: 1.6 ~ 2.0g
- tracking force recommended: 1.8g
- tracking angle: 20 degrees
- weight: 7.2g
- replacement stylus: Orotofon 2M Red Stylus
- Technics auxiliary weight
- 1x Stylus Brush
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
How much does the aux weight weigh?
The Ortofon 2M Red PNP Cartridge Kit for Technics 1200 comes with an aux weight that is 8.5g.