- standalone, one-piece DJ setup combines the ease of use of a CDJ setup, the advanced functionality of a controller, and the flexibility of a standalone mixer
- works wirelessly with iOS devices such as iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
- utilizes Remotebox app and Rekordbox music management software
- with Remotebox app, wirelessly search and cue songs, control effects, and much more
- accepts USB drives and CDs
- provides full MIDI support for use with DJ software (Virtual DJ LE is included)
- features include: filters / effects, sampler, hot cues, looping functions, quantizing, beat sync and more
- includes built-in, high-quality 24bit / 44.1 kHz audio interface
- also works as a traditional mixer with 2 RCA phono / line inputs
- master XLR outputs, booth RCA outputs, RCA AUX input and 1/4" Mic input
- metal faceplate
In a crowded DJ controller market, Pioneer has delivered a unique solution that incorporates several modes of DJing. Firstly, the XDJ-R1 design mimics the traditional CDJ + mixer setup and also functions like one (it accepts CDs). Secondly, the XDJ-R1 works as a standalone controller (no computer needed to function). The addition of the iOS wireless capability and the new Remotebox app, expands the controllers functionality making it easier to find songs or control complex effects. Thirdly, the XDJ-R1 can act as MIDI controller for your preferred DJ program (just hook up your computer via USB). Lastly, the XDJ-R1 can function as a standalone 2 channel mixer (connect turntables, mic or other sources).
With all these features, you might think the XDJ-R1 might be an oversized, clunky piece of hardware. However, Pioneer has perfected the design to be both simplified and portable (it only weighs 15 lbs. and is roughly the size of comparable controllers on the market). Traditionalists will like the CDJ integration, while controller DJs will like the expanded features and touch-sensitive screen the iOS app offers (some features are exclusive to the app). In addition, Pioneer has drawn its best features (filters / effects, sampler, hot cues, etc.) from its high-end components and integrated them into the XDJ-R1. Recommended.
- plays MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF (only MP3, WAV and AIFF can be played from CD)
- BEAT SYNC function for one-touch beat synchronization of two songs
- 24.5"W x 12"H x 4.25"D / 623mm W × 308.4mm D × 107.7mm H
- 15 lbs / 6.8KG
- removable, angled display bracket for iOS devices
- free download of Virtual DJ Limited Edition
- USB cable
- power cable
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.