- DIGITAL Model: special upgrade with optical output for use with Sonos, Heos, soundbars, TVs, multi-room systems, or when optical input is the only option
- also upgraded with built-in phono preamp for both analog + digital outputs
- Pro-Ject's base turntable; better than most turntables at this price range
- includes Ortofon OM5e cartridge
- belt drive motor
The Essential II DIGITAL is an upgraded Essential II with an optical output and built-in phono preamp. The optical output has been added as many next generation soundsystems (Sonos, Heos, most soundbars) feature optical inputs (also allowing you to bypass the lesser quality AUX input).
- low vibration synchronous motor
- 8.6" aluminum tone-arm
- manual, belt drive operation
- platter made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard, a very dense engineered wood material)
- base made of stiff particle board
- belt drive turntable, manual operation
- power supply: 110/120 or 230/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz
- dimensions: 420 x 112 x 330 mm / 16.54 x 4.41 x 12.99 inches
- weight: 4 kg / 8.82 lbs
- premounted Ortofon OM5e cartridge
- felt platter mat
TURNTABLE LAB OVERVIEW
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
I already have an Ortofon red. Can I get this model without the cartridge it comes with?
No, the Pro-Ject: Essential II DIGITAL Turntable only comes with the cartridge pre-installed / included.