- Pro-Ject's base turntable; better than most turntables at this price range
- upgraded with built-in phono preamp + USB output
- easy plug and record for vinyl to digital conversions
- includes Ortofon OM5e cartridge
- belt drive motor
ESSENTIAL II vs. ORIGINAL ESSENTIAL
- new quieter, smoother motor
- new tonearm design (no longer unipivot): more robust, easier to maintain
- upgraded cartridge from Ortofon OM3e to OM5e
The Essential 2 is a pared-down version of the bestselling Debut Carbon. Featuring a much lower-price point, the Essential remains a solid listening turntable boasting excellent sound and sleek, minimalist design. The addition of the built-in phono preamp allows you to send a line level signal to your amp or speakers, plus the USB connection offers a simple way to record or play your records through your MAC or PC. When selecting between the Essential and $100-300 plastic turntables, the Essential is still the obvious pick.
- low vibration synchronous motor
- integrated Phone-MM preamplifier
- 8.6" aluminum tone-arm
- manual, belt drive operation
- platter made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard, a very dense engineered wood material)
- base made of stiff particle board
- belt drive turntable, manual operation
- power supply: 110/120 or 230/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz
- dimensions: 420 x 112 x 330 mm / 16.54 x 4.41 x 12.99 inches
- weight: 4 kg / 8.82 lbs
- premounted Ortofon OM5e cartridge
- felt platter mat
APPENDIX: ESSENTIAL vs. DEBUT CARBON
- Carbon has upgraded cartridge, tonearm, and drive mechanisms
- Carbon has an upgraded, heavier platter and base.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.