- intermediate to advanced audiophile turntable with easy setup and operation
- elongated 10" S-shaped tonearm made from carbon fiber, aluminum and resin for both rigidity and internal dampening
- low resonance chassis holds a newly designed inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball for reduced rumble
- decoupled AC motor with stable DC power supply
- upgraded platter with integrated vinyl layers
- pre-mounted with Sumiko Pearl Cartridge
- switchable 33 / 45 rpm, adjustable with easy-to-access belt adjustment
- also available in black colorway
"Striking design and structural upgrades."
The visually striking Pro-Ject's RPM 3 Carbon Turntable is an upgrade of the revolutionary RPM 1. With structural upgrades (longer tonearm + wider plinth) and an upgraded platter (a heftier MDF platter with integrated vinyl layer), the RPM 3 provides sound quality for the discerning listener.
Pro-Ject has engineered this turntable to deliver stable, quiet, low-vibration performance resulting in a cleaner sound output. They have achieved this through their signature design features including a decoupled motor (separate from main body to reduce vibrations) that runs on stable DC power and a newly designed carbon tonearm and platter bearing. Lastly, the RPM 3 comes pre-mounted with Sumiko's Pearl Cartridge.
RPM 3 vs RPM 1
- RPM 3 features a longer 10" tonearm with wider plinth / body
- RPM 3 features an upgraded MDF platter with integrated vinyl layer
- RPM 3 upgrades results in higher performance (improved stats in Wow & Flutter, Speed Drift, Tracking)
- RPM 3 is a heftier turntable (5.5kg vs. 3.8kg)
- coned feet
- TPE-damped counterweight
- new magnetic antiskating mechanism
- tonearm will work with both MM and MC cartridges
- note: in order to change speed (33/45rpm), you will adjust the belt around the circular motor drive.
- note: does NOT include dustcover
- 17.6 x 4.65 x 14.6" / 447 x 118 x 373 mm
- 12.1 lbs. / 5.5 kg
- pre-mounted Sumiko Pearl Cartridge
- removable RCA cables