- audiophile turntable combines retro aesthetic w/ modern technical features
- EISA 2017 Best Product Award Winner, SoundStage Hi-Fi 2016 Best Of High End winner
- newly redesigned 9" carbon fiber + aluminum composite tonearm w/ MM (moving magnet) or MC (moving coil) capability
- floating chassis construction via 6x TPE (modern damping material) balls between internal chassis and aluminum top plate
- pre-mounted w/ Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge
- belt drive, manual operation
- wooden frame for decoupling + vintage looks inspired by turntables of the 50's and 60's
- stable electronic speed control at 33 1/3 or 45 RPM
- low noise AC motor
- precision balanced aluminum platter w/ TPE damping
- height adjustable decoupling feet
- dust cover included
- also available in Walnut and Eucalyptus
The Classic turntable from Pro-Ject brings back vintage turntable aesthetics, paired with innovative features and unique floating chassis construction. There's many reasons this turntable was the Winner of EISA's 2017 Best Product Award as well as SoundStage Hi-Fi's Best Of High End for 2016, but let's start with its stunning good looks, or as Pro-Ject says, its "compact and elegant form factor". The beautiful wood frame that not only embodies the retro look of classic turntables from the 50's and 60's, but also functions for decoupling. Internally, there are 6x TPE (modern damping balls) between the chassis and the aluminum top plate adding yet another layer of sound isolation (this is the floating chassis design). Next, the carbon fiber/aluminum composite tone arm has been completely redesigned, working with both MM and MC cartridges. This tonearm has premium internal pieces for smooth operation (low friction Zircon pin-point cardan bearings, Japanese ball bearings at base) and comes pre-mounted with an Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge that provides excellent sound reproduction. Additionally, Pro-Ject has really paid attention to the details of every component to make sure the Classic can offer a premium audiophile listening experience including damping height adjustable decoupling feet, precision balanced aluminum platter w/ TPE damping, and low noise AC motor with ultra stable electronic speed control for 33 or 45 RPM play.
- Drive principle: belt drive
- Platter: 300mm aluminium
- Mains bearing: stainless steel
- Signal to noise: - 71dB
- Effective arm length: 230mm
- Effective arm mass: 13.5g
- Overhang: 18mm
- Tracking force: 10 - 30mN
- Dimensions: 18.1" x 5.1" x 13.8" / 460 x 131 x 351mm
- Weight: 22.5 lbs. / 10.2 kg.
- dust cover
- pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Silver Cartridge
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.