- audiophile turntable w/ plug and play design + easy setup
- new hand assembled RB110 tonearm w/ preset bias force
- pre-mounted Rega Carbon moving magnet cartridge
- 24v low noise, low vibration motor for improved sound
- phenolic resin, flywheel effect platter for speed consistency
- optimizeed feet increase stability + reduce vibration
- redesigned ergonomic headshell for improved usability + aesthetics
- zero play bearings for ultra low friction performance
- felt record mat + dustcover included
"The new Planar 1 is the most user friendly Rega turntable to date. Now with preset bias force on the brand new RB110 tonearm, the Planar 1 is set up in seconds after unpacking. Simply slide the balance weight onto the rear of the tonearm as far as it will go, remove the stylus guard and start spinning your favourite vinyl." - Rega
- Rega: Fono Mini A2D V2 Phono Preamp
- Audioquest: Tower RCA to RCA (1m / 39.4")
- this add-on kit allows you to connect your Planar to any RCA AUX input
The Planar 1 has replaced the popular RP1 as Rega's most affordable turntable, but boasts numerous improvements over its predecessor. Inheriting only the belt drive, sub platter, and dust cover from the RP1, you can consider the rest of the Planar 1 an upgrade. The brand new RB110 tonearm now features a preset bias force and premounted Carbon MM cartridge making setup a breeze. Simply slide on the balance weight and you're ready to listen to your vinyl in seconds. Additionally, the new 24v low noise motor works in tandem with the bespoke zero play bearing and phelonic resin platter to effectively keep speed consistent, reduce vibration and ultimately improve your listening experience. Other improvements include optimized feet for more stability and vibration reduction, new motor cover tray with integrated cooling, and redesigned ergonomic headshell. Comes complete with dustcover and felt record mat.
- dimensions: 17.7" x 15.1" x 4.5" / 115 x 450 x 385 mm
- weight: 12.1 lbs / 5.5kg
- Rega Carbon MM cartridge (premounted)
- felt record mat
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Does this turntable have automatic tone arm return?
The Rega: Planar 1 Turntable does not have an automatic tonearm return. You will need to manually lift the tonearm.
Is the counterweight and anti-skate adjustable if you change the cartridge?
Yes, the tracking force counterweight and anit-skate are adjustable on the Rega: Planar 1 Turntable.