- high-end audiophile turntable updates Rega's classic RP3 turntable after 2 years of development. improvements in sonic performance, ergonomics, and useability.
- includes unmounted Ortofon 2M Blue MM cartridge (retails $225)
- newly designed RB330 tonearm offers substantial performance upgrades
- beautiful 12mm Optiwhite float glass platter
- high-gloss acrylic finish, improved stiffer plinth / body
- additional design / performance improvements to braces, bearing housing, sub platter, feet, motor, and motor cover tray
- dustcover included
- cartridge mounting + alignment required
"Replacing the multi award winning and five times What Hi-Fi? Product of the Year (RP3) was never going to be an easy task. It took our team of designers headed up by Rega's Roy Gandy, two years to develop the all new 'Planar 3' following the biggest re-design of the iconic 'three' model ever seen."
The Planar 3 is the latest in a long line of Rega audiophile turntables, preceeded by the RP3, multiple generations of the P3, and the original Planar 3 of 1977. This iteration of the turntable, 2 years in the making, features the impressive debut of the RB330 tonearm, 12mm Optiwhite glass platter, redesigned subplatter and main bearing housing, and numerous other revisions resulting in remarkable performance and stunning design. Our special bundle includes the Ortofon 2M Blue, a popular audiophile cartridge. Mounting and alignment required.
"Rega has worked tirelessly to improve every aspect of this turntable offering improved ergonomics, usability and first and foremost, sonic performance.The new ‘Planar 3’ is truly a new turntable for 2016 carrying over just two components from the previous model."
- redesigned sub-platter for improved accuracy
- redesigned main bearing housing offers an improved fit and construction reducing stress on the bearing itself
- 24V low noise motor with new motor control PCB
- upgradeable with optional TT-PSU outboard speed controller (speed control 33/45)
- redesigned feet to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer
- ergonomically positioned power switch
- 9" tonearm features point arm mount, integrated clip, new bias assembly + improved spring housing
- dimensions (lid closed): 4.5" H x 17.5" W x 14" D / 11.7 x 44.7 x 36cm
- weight: 13 lbs / 6kg
- un-mounted Ortofon 2M Blue MM Cartridge
- dust cover
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.