- studio interface that connects and syncs modern and older electronic instruments
- simultaneous link and conversion of MIDI, DIN SYNC, CV/GATE, and USB/MIDI instruments
- use the SBX-1 as a reliable master clock or assign it to a connected device
- with CV/Gate output jacks, control analog and modular synths from your external MIDI device or computer
- output up to three channels of triggers or LFOs with different characteristics
- Shuffle adds swing to patterns generated on devices without swing like TR-808 and TB-303
- works well with Roland's AIRA series
- powered by USB port or power supply (included)
- full metal casing
"The SBX-1 converts incoming performance information from an external device to both CV (pitch) and GATE (note) signals. So it offers possibilities far beyond what you would expect from a simple sync box. You can use it to play analog or modular synths. You can output the LFOs that you create in the SBX-1 along with performance information, modulate them and even use them as trigger signals."
" You can also add analog and modular devices to your computer-based production environment, or design totally new and innovative live performance setups that combine AIRA gear like the TR-8, TB-3, and SYSTEM-1 with vintage analog or modular synths. The SBX-1 not only bridges worlds - it opens doors to entirely new ones. "
In our experience, the modern day producer is moving towards a blend of modern and vintage electronic instruments. For these setups to work properly, you need to link, and more importantly sync them together. To integrate pre-MIDI instruments, DIN SYNC instruments (TB-303, TR-808), and some modular synths into a modern studio, you would need would need multiple converter boxes wired into a MIDI interface. Keeping it organized is task in itself. The SBX-1 alleviates many of these problems, working as a kind of "magic box" that is capable of linking, converting, and syncing these different signals. It simplifies the connection problem and allows you to build and utilize your studio in non-chaotic manner.
- DIN SYNC (IN, OUT1, OUT2) connectors, supports both Sync24 and Sync48
- MIDI (IN, OUT1, OUT2) connectors
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
- DC IN jack
- CV jack: Miniature phone type
- GATE jack: Miniature phone type
- BEND jack: Miniature phone type
- AUX jack: Miniature phone type
- 8.69"(w) x 5.38"(d) x 2.06" (h) / 220 x 135 x 52mm
- 1 lbs. 12 oz. / 790g
- power supply