- world's smallest portable turntable
- Record Runner V2.0 is the newly upgraded version of the popular Soundwagon
- actually plays 33 1/3 rpm 12" vinyl records, but more meant as a novelty
- built-in amplifier + speaker
- cartridge + stylus system by Audio-Technica (replaceable)
- volume control and LED track/power light
- automatic stop function at the end of the record
- powered by 2x AAA batteries
- on/off switch w/ 2 speed play for temperature + environment settings
- officially licensed by Volkswagen
- made in Japan
Firstly, the Record Runner (previously known as the Soundwagon) has proven to be hugely popular, however it is a novelty item; not a serious record player. That being said, there's something magical about this damned thing like watching dolphins reproduce or bears eating really good beef jerky. If you go into a relationship with the Record Runner knowing that it's not your long-term or everyday turntable solution, you will have a beautiful time together. As for sound quality, these new Record Runners do feature an improved needle / speaker mechanism than vintage Soundwagons (they totally re-engineered the vintage model), however again, the sound is tinny and not fully accurate. Only works on 33 1/3 RPM LPs (no 45 speed), recommended for use on common records, not your rares.
- runs off 2x AAA batteries (not included)
- 90 min. battery life
- dimensions: 5" x 2" x 2"
- weight: 4 oz.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.