Sign up for Stock Email Notification to receive a one-time notification when this item becomes available. This is a Record Store Day title, it will be available on April 13th, 2019 at our East Village Storefront. If there are any leftovers, they will be available online the following week. Please sign up for a STOCK EMAIL NOTE to get first chance at these limited edition titles.
- triple vinyl pressing
- edition of 500
- leftfield disco classics from the New York underground
- As part of the label’s 20th Anniversary, Strut present the first repress of the seminal ‘Disco Not Disco’ compilation since its original release in 2000, compiled by Joey Negro and Sean P. Forward-thinking and open-minded New York clubs like Paradise Garage and The Loft form the inspiration for the album as rock, reggae and disco merge into one blistering soundscape. Tracks include Yoko Ono's paranoid ‘Walking On Thin Ice’, Arthur Russell outings as Dinosaur and Loose Joints and the Sly & Robbie-produced ‘Spasticus Autisticus’ by Ian Dury through to Steve Miller Band's epic ‘Macho City’. A perfect snapshot of a period when the unlikeliest acts got busy with the hi-hats and turned up the bass.
- music label: Strut Records 2019
- sign up for Stock Email above for leftover notification.
- view all Record Store Day 2019 titles
- view all in-stock Record Store Day titles
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.