- entry-level / intermediate audiophile turntable pairs Thorens' tradition of quality with modern ease of use
- quick and easy setup: "no more than five minutes from opening the box to playing music"
- features Thorens newly designed TP 82 uni-pivot aluminum tonearm
- 33 / 45 rpm speed switch
- full control: easy adjustments to belt tension, platter speed, tonearm anti-skate / height / overhang
- MDF (medium density fiberboard) body and ABS (dense plastic) platter
- low noise, low voltage DC motor, electronic speed change
- premounted Thorens TAS 257 cartridge
- custom Perspex dust cover (non-hinged)
- high-gloss finish
"A brilliant new turntable from a 100-plus-year-old company." - The Audiophiliac, cnet
Thorens, a Swiss / German company, has been making audiophile turntables since the 1950s. The TD 203 merges Thorens history of HiFi engineering with modern functionality and design. So many aspects of this turntable have been thought out for both performance and convenience. New users will appreciate the easy setup and operation, while advanced users will appreciate the array of fine controls adjustments (platter speed, belt tension, anti-skate, height, overhang / azimuth, easy to change cartridge). The new TP 82 unipivot tonearm is finely engineered and gorgeous, emphasized by the minimalist design of the body. Within the body, the TD 203 is powered by a DC motor which is fully decoupled using a rubber suspension. High quality bearings are used throughout (Bronze for the platter, carbide tip + 5 small bearings balls for the tonearm) to ensure smooth operation.
"There's no overt added softening or warmth to the sound, clarity is the TD 203's big draw.." - The Audiophiliac, cnet
- 15.75" (L) x 12.6" (W) x 3.65" (H) / 400 x 320 mm x 92.6
- 7.8 lbs / 3.53 kg
- dust cover
- RCA interconnects
- pre-mounted cartridge
- stylus gauge
- cartridge alignment protractor
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.