Earn up to 269 Reward Points with this purchase! more info
- Heavy Metal Thunder! You couldn’t go anywhere in the blazing summer of ‘68 without hearing “Born To Be Wild” blaring, and its inclusion in the iconic film Easy Rider the following year cemented it as a rallying cry for bikers and countless other counterculture miscreants. On their debut album, Steppenwolf (fronted by John Kay’s menacing rasp) reach new levels of deafening heaviness, ripping through a set of originals and attitude-filled covers, simultaneously forging a name for the sounds of an emerging genre. Pressed at RTI on clear vinyl and packaged in an elaborate foil jacket, this is the first ever reissue of the highly-coveted mono version of the album.
- 1. “Sookie Sookie” 2. “Everybody’s Next One” 3. “Berry Rides Again” 4. “Hootchie Kootchie Man” 5. “Born To Be Wild” 6. “Your Wall’s Too High” 7. “Desperation” 8. “The Pusher” 9. “A Girl I Knew” 10. “Take What You Need” 11. “The Ostrich”
- clear colored vinyl
- elaborate foil jacket
- limited to 1700 copies
- music label: Sundazed Music 2019
- SOLD OUT ALREADY? sign up for another Stock Email, we might get more
- view all Black Friday Record Store Day 2019 titles
- view all in-stock Record Store Day titles
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.