First reissue of Stereolab's fifth studio album 1997! Their sound here had tightened up even more (read: less rock-ish) since Emperor Tomato Ketchup, probably influenced by the popularity of the downtempo scene at the time. "Miss Modular" was a pretty big single at the time and "Diagonals" was a beathead favorite. They even dabbled a little in drum and bass ("Parsec"). This official 2019 Duophonic reissue comes pressed on triple vinyl, and comes complete with freshly remastered sound, a bonus disc of demos and alternate versoins, and a fold out poster. Recommended.
- triple vinyl pressing
- bonus 3rd LP features demos + alternate versions
- remastered sound
- bespoke gatefold sleeve and pvc outer wallet
- includes 24x24 poster of album artwork with liner notes on rear
- digital download included
- music label: Duophonic 2019
reviewed by the mgmnt 04/2013
CLICK TO PLAY AUDIO PREVIEWS
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.