"As the intro notes, 'Quaranta' is Italian for 'forty.' According to Danny Brown, Quaranta is the spiritual sequel to XXX, his breakout album released on Fool’s Gold in 2011, that infamously cataloged a life lived on the edge at thirty. The whirlwind of parties, tours, collaborations and achievements that followed that landmark release seemed to fly by fast–ten years later, when COVID-19 brought the world to a halt, Brown found himself in downtown Detroit, living alone for the first time ever. After years of escapist escapades, he was forced to adjust to the stillness and silence, and the bars on Quaranta are diaristic in a distinctly Danny Brown way. First-person scenes from Brown’s early childhood and family arrive vividly on 'YBP'; he tears into rising rents for two-bedrooms and new gourmet shops that now litter downtown Detroit on 'Jenn’s Terrific Vacation'; and regret-filled reflections on a near fifteen-year rap career add depth throughout the project. There’s no shortage of Brown’s typical blitzing verses over angular, mesmerizing production from some of his oldest collaborators including Quelle Chris, Paul White & SKYWLKR, but the Alchemist produced 'Tantor' is just the kind of cold-steel contradistinction which he’s been celebrated throughout his career." - Warp Records
- red colored vinyl (please note: actual pressing color and packaging may differ from mock-up photo)
- digital download included
- limited edition
- tracklist: A1. Quaranta A2. Tantor A3. Ain't My Concern A4. Dark Sword Angel A5. Y.B.P. feat. Bruiser Wolf A6. Jenn’s Terrific Vacation feat. Kassa Overall B1. Down Wit It B2. Celibate feat. MIKE B3. Shakedown B4. Hanami
- music label: Warp Records 2024
- If you want to order additional items (including other pre-orders), please make separate orders. Otherwise, we will hold your order until all items are in stock and ready to ship.
- Scheduled ship dates are always estimates which are subject to change. If there is a substantial delay, we will contact you directly.
- All vinyl pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers.