Hard to believe that we've been living with Random Access Memories for an entire decade, and even harder to believe that there won't be another Daft Punk album. This sobering fact allows us to re-examine the record under more sentimental criteria, and DP have given us a perfect excuse to do so with this newly expanded 10th anniversary edition, featuring alternate cover art (way cooler and more 'Daft' than the original IMO) and 35 minutes of unreleased demos and alternate takes on the 3rd LP with a bonus poster and 16 page booklet. Original Lab review from when the album was first released:
Random Access Memories is easily one of the most anticipated releases in recent memory, and Daft Punk deliver in aces on all the hype. For their long awaited 4th studio album (the latest since 2005's Human After All), Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo call in legends of pop music history to help them create their most epic and ambitious work to date. From pioneering hit maker Nile Rodgers and synth icon Giorgio Moroder, to more recent super talents like Pharrell Williams, Panda Bear, and Chilly Gonzalez, Daft taps them all and take their sound to a whole new level with live instrumentation and complex arrangement - an evolution in electronic pop music. You probably already have "Get Lucky" with Pharrell and Nile on mental repeat, but checkout the funked out bump of "Doin' It Right" with Panda Bear," the arpeggio-laced disco odyssey that is "Giorgio By Moroder" featuring you know who, "Touch" and the throwback 80's vibe of "Fragments Of Time" with Todd Edwards. Smooth and sophisticated stuff throughout with the signature vocoder thrown in at just the right times.
- 10th anniversary edition expanded w/ new LP containing 35 minutes of unreleased demos + alternate takes
- 180g black triple vinyl pressing (please note: actual pressing color and packaging may differ from mock-up photo)
- housed in gatefold sleeve w/ alternate artwork
- includes foldout poster + 16 page booklet
- tracklist: Disc 1 - 1 Give Life Back to Music 2 The Game of Love 3 Giorgio By Moroder - Disc 2 - 1 Within 2 Instant Crush 3 Lose Yourself to Dance - Disc 3 - 1 Touch 2 Get Lucky 3 Beyond - Disc 4 - 1 Motherboard 2 Fragments of Time 3 Doin' It Right 4 Contact - Disc 5 - 1 Horizon Ouverture 2 Horizon (Japan CD) 3 GLBTM (Studio Outtakes) 4 Infinity Repeating (2013 Demo) 5 GL (Early Take) - Disc 6 - 1 Prime (2012 Unfinished) 2 Lytd (Vocoder Tests) 3 The Writing of Fragments of Time 4 Touch (2021 Epilogue)
- original release year: 2013
- music label: Columbia 2023
reviewed by Von Bee 05/2013
Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else). Adding non-pre-order items will possibly delay your order.
- Orders containing multiple / separate pre-order items will be held until all pre-order items are in stock and shipped at once.
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly.
- All vinyl pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers.