Limited color reissue celebrating 75 years of Atlantic Records. For much of the three and a half year period since the release of Lost In The Dream, The War On Drugs' frontman, Adam Granduciel, led the charge for his Philadelphia-based sextet as he holed up in studios in New York and Los Angeles to write, record, edit, and tinker-but, above all, to busy himself in work. Teaming up with engineer Shawn Everett (Alabama Shakes, Weezer), Granduciel challenged the notion of what it means to create a fully realized piece of music in today's modern landscape. Calling on his bandmates - bassist Dave Hartley, keyboarding Robbie Bennett, drummer Charlie Hall and multi-instrumentalists Anthony LaMarca and Jon Natchez - continuously throughout the process, the result is a "band record" in the noblest sense, featuring collaboration, coordination, and confidence at every turn. Through those years of relocation, the revisiting and reexamining of endless hours of recordings, unbridled exploration and exuberance, Granduciel's gritty love of his craft succeeded in pushing the band to great heights.
- translucent tangerine colored double vinyl pressing (please note: actual pressing color and packaging may differ from mock-up photo)
- limited edition
- original release year: 2017
- music label: Atlantic 2023
reviewed by ghost writer 08/2017
Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else). Adding non-pre-order items will possibly delay your order.
- Orders containing multiple / separate pre-order items will be held until all pre-order items are in stock and shipped at once.
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly.
- All vinyl pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers.