Lab Guide to AIAIAI TMA-1 DJ Headphones
What makes the AIAIAI TMA-1 DJ Headphones such great DJ headphones?
- they're specifically designed for the modern DJ.
- sleek signature black matte design: you know it counts.
- durability: the TMA-1s have undoubtedly proven to be a durable DJ headphone, just ask our staff (who all use them).
- very lightweight: no more super-bulky headphone design.
- comfortable, flexible fit.
- strong bass that cuts through club noise when DJing.
- strong sound isolation (does not let much outside sound in).
- easily replaceable, modular parts (see below).
- removable headphone cord.
- the extras: includes carrying pouch and an extra set of earpads. (the mic version comes with straight mic cord and standard coiled cord).
- check out this gallery of Labheads who use AIAIAI TMA-1 Headphones.
What parts are available for the TMA-1 headphones?
- AIAIAI Straight Cord (recommended for listening)
- AIAIAI Coiled Cord (recommended for DJing)
- AIAIAI Semi-Leather Earpads (firmer padding and higher level of isolation)
- AIAIAI Synthetic Earpads ( softer feel and softer padding with a lower (but still high) level of isolation)
I heard that the non-locking headphone cord on the TMA-1 was a problem for some users, should I be concerned?
The TMA-1 (non-mic version) was initially released with a non-locking headphone cord. On occasions, this cord will loosen during regular use. However, all TMA-1s shipping from TurntableLab.com feature the updated version with locking headphone cord.
What TMA-1 models are available?
- AIAIAI TMA-1 DJ Headphone
- AIAIAI TMA-1 DJ Headphone w/ Mic Cable for phones / mobile devices
- AIAIAI Fool's Gold TMA-1 w/Mic DJ Headphone (limited edition)
- AIAIAI Stones Throw TMA-1 Headphones
- AIAIAI Beatport TMA-1 DJ Headphone
- AIAIAI Carhartt TMA-1 DJ Headphone
- AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphones
- AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphones - Young Guru Edition
What's the deal with the new Studio model?
The AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphones are larger TMA's meant for music production, studio work, and critical listening. In addition to a flatter response (there's more balance between low, mid, and high frequencies), the TMA-1 Studio headphones feature larger, over the ear (as opposed to the DJ model's on the ear design) earpads for more comfort during long listening sessions. The Studio model can also be used as a DJ or listening headphone with little difference in performance.