Congratulations on your new TTL Setup! Here are detailed instructions on how to completely set up your Audio-Technica AT-LP120X turntable and Audioengine speakers, plus some tweaks for optimizing the setup.
1.0 SET UP YOUR AUDIOENGINE SPEAKERS
Unpack your Audioengine speakers + locate the accessories + cables as shown. Locate the speaker wire which be used to connect the (2) speakers together. For the A2's the speaker wire is clear, for the A5's the speaker wire is black with gold banana plugs.
Position your speakers. NOTE: Position the powered unit on the left.
Plug in your speakers + connect them together using the speaker wire.
2.0 SET UP YOUR AT-LP120X TURNTABLE
Please refer to this quick video to get your AT-LP120X turntable set up.
2.1 CONNECT YOUR TURNTABLE TO THE SPEAKER
- Now, locate the turntable's RCA cable and plug it into the speaker as shown.
- Plug-in the RCA cables and attach the u-shaped groundwire into the silver post and tighten the screw-down clamp.
- Attach the other end of the RCA cables to your speaker. NOTE: the groundwire will not be connected to the speaker. You can leave it dangling.
3.0 POWER UP + PLAY
- Locate the power supply (this may be tucked away in a small white box), and plug into your turntable (the power input is located on the back of the turntable).
- Put on a record.
- Hit the start button on the turntable.
Power on your speakers!
If you have A5's and you don't hear anything, press the front-panel volume knob to cycle through inputs until you hear something. (the A2 plays all inputs simultaneously).
4.0 UPGRADES (SOLD SEPARATELY)
Consider our AT-LP120X Turntable Upgrade Kit which includes the AT618a Disc Stabilizer (which improves sound quality by reducing vibrations) and the AT-VMN95EN nude diamond stylus (which is easily installed and provides clearer sound accuracy than the stock stylus).
Audioengine offers affordable, silicone desktop stands for both the A2+ and A5+
- DS1 Speaker Stands for A2+ ($29)
- DS2 Speaker Stands for A5+ ($34)
Turntable Lab: Triple Operation Brush ($25) - The Carbon Fiber brush that your setup is great for everyday usage (we use one in our office). However, our new Triple Operation brush is on another level in terms of effectiveness with dual cleaning pads plus an integrated carbon fiber brush.