Congratulations on your new TTL Setup! Here are detailed instructions on how to completely set up your Technics SL-1500C turntable Edifier Airpulse Speakers.
1.0 SET UP YOUR EDIFIER SPEAKERS
- Place the unit with the controls on the RIGHT.
- Connect the speakers together with the included cord. Plug the power into the RIGHT speaker.
2.0 SET UP YOUR SL-1500C TURNTABLE
Find a clear surface to unpack the contents of the box. Here are things you should locate:
- Counterweight - embedded in the styrofoam
- Cartridge - embedded in the styrofoam
- 45 Adaptor - embedded in the styrofoam
- Auxiliary Weight - embedded in the styrofoam, you will NOT need this for this setup, but we suggest you set aside for use in the future
- RCA Cable
- Power Cable
- Groundwire - you will not need this for this setup, but we suggest you set aside for use in the future
- Instruction Booklet (here's a link to the PDF)
- note: the Groundwire is used for setups that have an external preamp; the SL-1500C has a built-in preamp
SET THE PLATTER
- remove the white plastic protector underneath the platter
- using your index fingers, grab the platter by the (2) holes, place the platter on the turntable spindle
SET UP THE TONEARM
- Screw the headshell & cartridge assembly onto the tonearm, take off the needle guard
- Remove the blue styrofoam block from the tonearm area
- Screw on the counterweight with the black number dial facing forward
- We'll calibrate your tonearm last in STEP 3.4
Go to the back input area of your turntable.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure LINE OUT is set to ON (this activates the built-in preamp)
- Plug-in the RCA cables to the LINE OUT.
- NOTE: If you ever want to add an external phono preamp to your system, you would plug in to the Phono Out and use the included groundwire.
- AUTO LIFT UP - This controls the feature that automatically raises the tonearm at the end of the record. This helps preserve your stylus life. We recommend, keeping this ON.
- DUSTCOVER - Now install your dustcover by inserting the hinges to the back of the turntable.
3.0 CONNECT TURNTABLE, POWER UP + PLAY
- Plug in the turntable's RCA cable into the back of the speaker as shown above (TOP SET OF RCA marked AUX).
- Turn on the power switch on the back of the speaker.
- Put on a record.
- Hit the start button on the turntable.
- Press the volume knob to cycle through the inputs until hear your turntable (you can also press the "AUX" button on the remote). MUSICA!
Balance your tonearm. Watch the below video first. NOTE: this video does NOT specifically address the SL-1500C, but you can use the same action to balance your tonearm.
- After balancing tonearm, set the Counterweight AND Anti-Skate to "1.8"
- Locate the LOCK on the base of the tonearm and "unlock"
- Lift the base of the tonearm to "4", then turn the lock back