Sign up for Stock Email Notification (Above or the Green Tab on the right) to receive a one-time notification when this item becomes available. This is a Record Store Day title, it will be available on April 16th, 2016 at our East Village Storefront. If there are any leftovers, they will be available online the following week. Please sign up a EMAIL STOCK NOTE to get first chance at these limited edition titles.
Released for Record Store Day is this newly discovered Bill Evans studio album recorded by the legendary MPS Records producer and label owner, Hans Georg Brunner-Schwer, at his studio in Villingen, Germany (aka "the Black Forest"). Recorded literally five days after the legendary live performance at the 1968 Montreux Jazz Festival, which was released on Verve and won a Grammy, this is the only studio album recorded of this trio featuring bassist Eddie Gomez and drummer Jack DeJohnette. • Liner notes to include new historical essays from jazz journalist Marc Myers and German jazz historian Friedhelm Schulz; interviews from Eddie Gomez, Jack DeJohnette and other musicians; plus rare and previously unpublished photos. • Last Bill Evans release from Resonance, 2012’s Live at Art D'Lugoff's Top of The Gate, has sold over 30,000 copies worldwide.
- Record Store Day 2016 Exclusive
- Newly discovered recordings never released
- Only studio recordings of this trio
- Liner notes and historical essay from Marc Myers
- Interviews + previously unpublished photos
- first stock will be available at our New York Shop on April 16th, 2016
- leftovers will be available online, sign up for stock email above to get first notification