Earn up to 179 Reward Points with this purchase! more info
- On December 3, 1927, in a temporary studio in the Deep Ellum district of Dallas, Johnson recorded six groundbreaking songs, including the iconic slide guitar classic, “Dark Was the Night, Cold Was the Ground.” Johnson’s haunting response to Christ’s crucifixion remains one of the masterpieces of American music. Ry Cooder described it as “the most soulful, transcendent piece in all American Music.”Jack White called it “the greatest example of slide guitar ever recorded.”
- For RSD Black Friday 2019 Traffic Entertainment presents two of Johnson’s most iconic sides as a 78 RPM microgroove record housed in a glorious reproduction of the Columbia sleeve wrapped in a full color OBI with detailed liner notes.
- limited to 2000 copies
- music label: Traffic Entertainment 2019
- SOLD OUT ALREADY? sign up for another Stock Email, we might get more
- view all Black Friday Record Store Day 2019 titles
- view all in-stock Record Store Day titles
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.