Earn up to 279 Reward Points with this purchase! more info
- Here it is, rumored no more: the demo Bootsy Collins and his band recorded for James Brown in 1969 that won them the title “The J.B.’s” – and changed the course of popular music. Also included is the complete version of “When You Feel It, Grunt If You Can,” presenting two never-issued songs in a 22-minute medley, and the unreleased instrumental “The Wedge.” The companion piece to Now-Again’s first-ever issue of the lost J.B.’s album These Are The J.B.’s (NA 5119). All tracks mixed by Mario Caldato, directly from Brown’s original multi-track masters. Contains extensive booklet with full annotation, liner notes by Brown historian Alan Leeds and never-before-published photos.
- A1. “More Mess On My Thing” A2. “The Wedge”
B1. “When You Can Feel It Grunt If You Can (Complete Take)”
- first time on vinyl
- includes: extensive booklet with full annotation, liner notes, never-before-published photos
- limited to 2500 copies
- music label: Now-Again Records 2019
- SOLD OUT ALREADY? sign up for another Stock Email, we might get more
- view all Black Friday Record Store Day 2019 titles
- view all in-stock Record Store Day titles
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.