Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Mid July 2017 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers
Kenji Kawai's stunning soundtrack for the first Ghost In The Shell film officially reissued on vinyl for the first time! The original 1995 film is widely regarded a masterpiece in sci-fi cinema, based largely on the works of master manga artist Masamune Shirow, infused with philosophical themes of self-identity in a technological world from director Mamoru Oshii. Kawai provided the perfect atmosphere for the cult film by combining ancient Japanese chants, Bulgarian folk harmonies, and traditional instrumentation with high-end synthesizer effects to create the cyberpunk world of Makoto Kusanagi. The haunting "Making Of Cyborg" still gives me chills to this day every time I hear it! This deluxe pressing comes courtesy of WRWTFWW Records and comes complete with bonus 7", silver gilt printed cover, obi strip, and 24-page booklet. Essential otaku purchase. Recommended.
- 1st official reissue of the cult 1995 soundtrack
- deluxe version includes bonus 7"
- silver gilt printed cover
- obi strip
- 24-page liner note booklet
- cut from original master reels at Emil Berliner Studios
- release date: 07/14/17
- music label: We Release Whatever The Fuck We Want Records 2017
reviewed by Otakun 03/2017
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.