Kenji Kawai's stunning soundtrack for the first Ghost In The Shell film officially reissued on vinyl for the first time! The original 1995 film is widely regarded a masterpiece in sci-fi cinema, based largely on the works of master manga artist Masamune Shirow, infused with philosophical themes of self-identity in a technological world from director Mamoru Oshii. Kawai provided the perfect atmosphere for the cult film by combining ancient Japanese chants, Bulgarian folk harmonies, and traditional instrumentation with high-end synthesizer effects to create the cyberpunk world of Makoto Kusanagi. The haunting "Making Of Cyborg" still gives me chills to this day every time I hear it! This deluxe pressing comes courtesy of WRWTFWW Records and comes complete with bonus 7", silver gilt printed cover, obi strip, and 24-page booklet. Essential otaku purchase. Recommended.
- 1st official reissue of the cult 1995 soundtrack
- deluxe version includes bonus 7"
- silver gilt printed cover
- obi strip
- 24-page liner note booklet
- cut from original master reels at Emil Berliner Studios
- music label: We Release Whatever The Fuck We Want Records 2017
reviewed by Otakun 03/2017