- improved dual layer design, enhanced decoupling cork material
- thin, lightweight cork construction
- better isolation improves sound and tracking while reducing record wear
- non-static, non-adhesive
- grips vinyl better for less slippage and fewer timing errors
- works with all platter types
- NOT recommended for DJing and backcueing
Music Hall's Aztec Blue Cork record is an upgrade to their popular Cork mat with enhanced decoupling cork material and improved dual layer design. Aside from looking cool, these cork mats actually improve the sound of your favorite records, as well as lower record wear and improves stylus tracking. How does a slipmat do all this?
The secret is in the unique design. The outer pieces of cork that surround the outside of the mat lift and support the record while floating it above and decoupling it from the platter. This lowers record vibration and reduces acoustic feedback. Stylus tracking is improved and record wear reduced. The mat eliminates the grunge and leaves behind a rich, clear, dynamic sound. In addition, the cork material sucks up unwanted vibrations and is naturally non-static and non-adhesive making it completely safe for all platter types and all records. Cork also grips the record better than the usual felt-type materials so there is less record slippage and fewer timing errors. This thin, lightweight mat is an excellent upgrade for all listening turntable setups (but NOT for DJing or backcueing).