- popular upgrade for Pro-Ject Debut Series turntables
- easy no tool installation
- made of a dense / low resonance material that improves sound definition
- the substantial weight also helps in speed stability
- works with or without a record mat / slipmat
- weight: 2.86 lbs / 1.3 kg
The Acryl-It Platter is one of the first upgrade that Debut Carbon consider because it offers both a sonic + visual upgrade to your Pro-Ject turntable.
- Pro-Ject Debut Series Turntables (Debut, Debut Carbon, Debut Carbon EVO)
- Pro-Ject Xpression Series Turntables
- Music Hall MMF Series Turntables
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Can the Aztec Blue Record Mat be used with the upgrade acrylic record platter or is it better used alone?
The Music Hall Aztec Blue Record Mat can be used on an Acrylic platter, however most users prefer not using any mat with Acrylic platters. Acrylic platters absorb vibration, so when you use a mat, you're forgoing that feature of the acrylic platter and replacing it with the cork's dampening characteristics. If you do end up using the cork mat, you'll still maintain the acrylic platter's speed stability feature. TLDR: yes you can use it, but if you specifically bought the acrylic platter for its sound quality and enjoy it, we would skip the cork.