Earn up to 399 Reward Points with this purchase! more info
Record Store Day Exclusive! Get On Down gives Run DMC the deluxe 7" boxset treatment for RSD, reissuing 5 iconic singles (both 12"s and 7"s) as lovingly re-created 45's. From Get On Down - "In a musical landscape where heated debates rage constantly, here is a statement that no one can dispute – Run-DMC is one of the most important and influential groups in rap history. Forming in the early ‘80s and guided to superstardom by Russell Simmons (who was, of course Run’s brother), lyricists Run and DMC, alongside DJ Jam Master Jay, were musical pioneers from their very first, Larry Smith-helmed foray: 1983’s “It’s Like That,” with the world-shaking B-side, "Sucker M.C.’s." The set is curated by DJ 7L who states, "In choosing the 7-inches for this collection, we focused on the kind of records we play most as DJs. Every Run DMC 12-inch can, of course, be said to be essential. But songs like “Peter Piper” and “Sucker MC’s” have a special place in every DJ’s arsenal. Beyond those two classics, we chose three other records that each held some importance to us, as fans." Includes the following:
- “It’s Like That” / “Sucker M.C.’s (Krush-Groove 1)” (custom Profile 45 sleeve) 
- “Here We Go (Live At The Funhouse)” / “Here We Go (Live At The Funhouse) [bleeped version]” (custom Profile 45 sleeve) [released in 1985, recorded August 5, 1983], promo only, first time ever on 7-inch
- “Walk This Way” / “King Of Rock” (original 12-inch single picture sleeve) 
- “My Adidas” / “Peter Piper” (original 12-inch single picture sleeve) 
- “Run’s House” / “Beats To The Rhyme” (original 12-inch single picture sleeve) 
Each record comes in replica sleeve and all 5 fit in the special box wrapped in a map of their hometown of Hollis, Queens.
- Record Store Day Black Friday 2015
- 5 x 'Big Hole' 45s on Black Vinyl with Picture Sleeves
- housed in sturdy outer box
reviewed by Bell Rocker 11/2015
CLICK TO PLAY AUDIO PREVIEWS
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.