Tribe's masterful debut jazz thing album, now as a deluxe 45 boxset! Get On Down killed it on this pressing, hooking up the 1990 debut album with an 8 x 45 pic sleeve vinyl pressing featuring freshly remastered sound by the album's original mixer/engineer Bob Power and ATCQ themselves. The whole thing is housed in an awesome, fabric wrapped carrying case featuring 360 degree artwork from the original cover. In addition, the set comes with one bonus track "If The Papes Come," plus 3 tracks that were previously available only on CD and cassette pressings of the album. With Phife Dawg's (RIP) recent passing, there is no better time to revisit this influential golden era hip-hop classic. Includes surprise favorites like "After Hours" and "Footprints" that continually grow on you between the hits "Bonita Applebum," "I Left My Wallet," and "Can I Kick It?." Plus: Push It Along, Luck Of Lucien, Pubic Enemy, Youthful Expression, Ham N Eggs, Mr Muhammed, Go Ahead In The Rain, and Description Of a Fool. Recommended.
- 8 x "small hole" 45's w/ pic sleeves
- housed in deluxe, fabric wrapped carrying case w/ 360 degree artwork
- includes one bonus song "If The Papes Come" + 3 previously CD/cassette-only tracks (non-LP)
- remastered by Bob Power (the original album engineer/mixer) + ATCQ
- 2nd pressing
- music label: Get On Down 2016
reviewed by the mgmnt 05/2016