Have you guys ever seen this movie? Crazy inside-out looking aliens, miniature human pets, and all kinds of choppy, tripped-out FX make it one of those films that makes you feel real drugged-out even though you might be 100% sober. It's worth a watch though, if anything for the amazing soundtrack by French composer Alain Goraguer. The sound he creates is spaced-out, eerie ambience with a minimal funkyness akin to Portishead beats on opium. It's no wonder Madlib sampled this soundtrack for Quasimoto's The Unseen. Take a listen to "Dehominisation," "Le Bracelet," "Maquillage De Tiwa," "Ten Et Medor," and "Mira Et Ten" and you'll get a feel of what's going on here. There are plenty of other untapped moments, plus this is a cool record just to have. Official 2014 repress with new pic sleeve.
- cult soundtrack to 1973 animated film
- black vinyl pressing
- housed in old school tip-on jacket w/ spot gloss accents
- full color printed inner sleeve w/ liner notes
- official reissue, originally released in 1973
- music label: Superior Viaduct 2014
reviewed by snackmaster 06/2011