Aphex Twin goes acoustic?! After his triumphant return to the music scene with 2014's Syro, Richard D. James is back at it and hits us with something straight out of left field. Where Syro showed us Aphex Twin still got it, Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments Pt.2 is Aphex exploring uncharted territories of his sound. As the title suggests, the tracks here are all acoustic and, I'm assuming, played by an army of little computer controlled robots. From tonal experiments, trip-hop beats, and machine gun snare spasms, this is a completely new side of Aphex Twin (aside from the occassional piano tracks that are reminiscent of the mellow moments on Druqs). It's great to hear an artist beyond their usual zone... and with Aphex Twin, that's saying a lot. 12 tracks named in the typical cryptic Aphex fashion, housed in minimalist sleeve with free digital download included.
- 2015 release from the legendary Richard D. James aka Aphex Twin
- features heavily textured, experimental acoustic production techniques
- includes digital download card
- housed in minimalist matte black with cover
- music label: Warp Records 2015