Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Late November 2019 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers + notepad
“I was making a record called Midnite Vultures and while we were making it… I remember the Neptunes had just come out, and I said I'm gonna do the next record with the Neptunes, and here we are 20 years later.”
Hyperspace is the fourteenth (!) album from Beck Hansen, co-produced by Pharrell Williams. Williams initially got in touch with Beck to work on a N.E.R.D. album, but Beck “seized the moment” during a surge of inspiration directly following completion of Colors and the pair ended up recording a body of work together. Going off the album cover, it seems Beck spent plenty of time palling around Ura-Harajuku with Williams and Nigo, too. Despite Williams’ inimitable drum programming and crooned falsetto ad libs, the record is pure Beck through and through, effortlessly pivoting from lush synthesizer reveries (“Hyperlife”) to bluesy rock & roll singalongs (“Saw Lightning”) with Hansen’s soulful signature coarsing throughout. Sky Ferreira and Cole M. Greif-Neill (Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti, Nite Jewel) also contribute. 11 tracks total pressed on indie exclusive silver colored vinyl.
- silver colored vinyl (please note: actual pressing color and packaging may differ from mock-up photo)
- indie exclusive
- limited edition
- release date: 11/22/19
- music label: Capitol 2019
reviewed by big kahuna burger 09/2019
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.