Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Mid January 2022 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers
Bon Iver's quasi-self-titled breakthrough album turns 10 in 2022, and the band are celebrating the milestone with this limited 10th anniversary edition pressing spread across two stark white LPs (the original album was a single disc) including 5 stripped down recordings from Justin Vernon's 4AD / Jagjaguwar session at AIR Studios around the time the album was released, on vinyl for the first time. The album is packaged in a newly redesigned embossed sleeve and includes an intimate personal essay by superfan Phoebe Bridgers on the album's resounding influence. Here's what we had to say about the original album when it was released:
Oh – now he’s got a Grammy. Justin Vernon, aka Bon Iver, emerged from the woods of Wisconsin a new man. His sophomore album would take on a more refined sound and next thing you know – boom – Grammy for Best Alternative Music Album of 2012. Isn’t success just the easiest? Vernon took a more collaborative approach to his second album, enlisting help from a range of talented musicians. The scale and scope of Vernon’s productions might have upgraded but his voice, the anchoring force for all his work, is as warm and personal as ever. “Halocene” is a great example of how his voice and diction are themselves an instrument. Tracks like “Hinnom, TX” and “Minnesota, WI” show the reach with which Vernon can take his music with added production value while keeping the somber mood he so expertly exudes. The open flows and opens up over time, bringing you deeper and deeper into Vernon’s psyche and ends with the atmospheric adventure “Beth/Rest” that (out of context) sounds miles apart from his last album. Emotionally candid and self-aware, Bon Iver just wants to wrap you up and keep you warm, so just submit.
- white colored double vinyl pressing (please note: actual pressing color and packaging may differ from mock-up photo)
- includes 5 bonus tracks on vinyl for the first time
- newly redesigned embossed jacket
- limited edition
- release date: 01/14/22
- tracklist: 01. Perth 02. Minnesota, W 03. Holocene 04. Towers 05. Michicant 06. Hinnom, TX 07. Wash. 08. Calgary 09. Lisbon, OH 10. Beth/Rest 11. Hinnom, TX ( AIR Studios Session) 12. Wash. ( AIR Studios Session) 13. I Can’t Make You Love Me (AIR Studios Session) 14. Babys ( AIR Studios Session) 15. Beth/Rest ( AIR Studios Session)
- music label: Jagjaguwar 2022
reviewed by boumtje-boumtje 10/2014
CLICK TO PLAY AUDIO PREVIEWS
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.