Chris Clark’s third studio album, reissued for the first time since 2006! Often considered by fans to be Clark’s magnum opus, Body Riddle is an enigmatic sound trek, balancing the fine line between IDM and total cacophony. Noted especially for Clark’s drumming, a majority of these compositions are taken from live recordings, which were then mangled and processed into a glitchy, swirling blend of acoustic textures and synthesizers (think Aphex Twin’s uptempo work meets Four Tet’s Rounds). The three central tracks of the album, fan-favorite “Ted,” borderline free-jazz “Roulette Thrift Run,” and pummeling “Vengeance Drools” are primary examples, and set the tone for most of Clark’s future work on Totems Flare (arguably his second best work). Recorded during Clark’s time in Birmingham, this era also saw the producer collaborate with Warp labelmates Broadcast on a reinterpretation of the opening track “Herr Barr,” which has been included on the new companion compilation 05-10. 11 tracks on black vinyl.
- black double vinyl pressing (please note: actual pressing color and packaging may differ from mock-up photo)
- digital download included
- original release year 2006
- music label: Warp Records 2022
reviewed by SHH!
Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else). Adding non-pre-order items will possibly delay your order.
- Orders containing multiple / separate pre-order items will be held until all pre-order items are in stock and shipped at once.
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly.
- All vinyl pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers.