Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Late October 2017 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers
Twelfth studio album from Vancouver's Destroyer. ken was recorded in its entirety in the jam space/studio space that the group calls The Balloon Factory and was produced by Josh Wells of Black Mountain. Here's what Destroyer's Dan Bejar has to say about the album: Sometime last year, I discovered that the original name for "The Wild Ones" (one of the great English-language ballads of the last 100 years or so) was "Ken." I had an epiphany, I was physically struck by this information. In an attempt to hold on to this feeling, I decided to lift the original title of that song and use it for my own purposes. It's unclear to me what that purpose is, or what the connection is. I was not thinking about Suede when making this record. I was thinking about the last few years of the Thatcher era. Those were the years when music first really came at me like a sickness, I had it bad. Maybe "The Wild Ones" speaks to that feeling, probably why Suede made no sense in America. I think "ken" also means "to know." Eleven tracks in all. Released by Merge Records on yellow vinyl housed in a full color sleeve with a bonus 7".
- yellow vinyl pressing
- bonus 7"
- release date: 10/20/17
- music label: Merge Records 2017
reviewed by Le Haim 08/2017
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.