Pre-Order Notes + Order Instructions
- This item is scheduled to ship Late February 2018 (subject to change)
- If you want to order additional items with a pre-order item, please make separate orders (1 order with pre-order item, 1 order with everything else)
- If there is a delay, we will contact you directly
- all pre-orders come with Turntable Lab stickers
Lab Exclusivo! This legit repress of Digable Planets' debut has been a long time coming. Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time and Space)'s forward-thinking juxtaposition of classic jazz aesthetics and Brooklyn street culture stunned us when it was first released in 1993, and has remained a Lab staple ever since. Here's our review from 2010: "I remember when "Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat)" first came out and was all over KMEL in the Bay. Barely in high school, I thought that Butterfly, Ladybug and Doodlebug were just ripping off all of the old jazz records they were sampling from. But by the time the album dropped I was sold. From the album opener "It's Good to Be Here" to the classic "Nickel Bags;" it's all quality material. With cuts like "Where I'm From," "Jimmi Diggin' Cats" and "Swoon Units," how can you go wrong?" In the time since this exhaustive review of DP's groundbreaking debut, Ishmael "Butterfly" Butler re-emerged from relative obscurity on some afrofuturist next-shit with his latest project Shabazz Palaces (now four albums deep on Sub Pop), and Modern Classic Recordings released a gorgeously-packaged reissue of the Planets' follow-up to Reachin', Blowout Comb. TTL is thrilled to present a similarly stunning edition of Reachin', once again assembled by Modern Classic Recordings with a heap of bonus materials in a special color variant exclusive to Turntable Lab. This 25th Anniversary pressing sees the album's 14 tracks cut on double vinyl for the first time (all previous pressings were squeezed onto a single LP) and housed in deluxe jacket with booklet containing printed lyrics for the first time ever, and extensive liner notes by Butler and Larry Mizell Jr., recommended!
- TTL Exclusive deep blue/purple colored vinyl
- limited to 500 copies
- first-ever vinyl reissue
- first time on double vinyl
- housed in deluxe wide-spine jacket
- includes lyric booklet + printed inner sleeves
- extensive liner notes by Ishmael Butler + Larry Mizell Jr.
- release date: 2/23/18
- music label: Modern Classic Recordings 2018
reviewed by Michu Meszaros 12/2017
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.